Marketing mobile apps in a competitive market
A great mobile marketing strategy will open up your business to a world of possibilities that you can use to explore the potential of your mobile app or mobile website. You can use your mobile web assets to:
- Create special deals for your current and potential customers
- Offer directions to your stores and locations
- Create special promotions and loyalty programs to reward your customers
- Solve a problem your users might have (accessing information that is essential to them – boarding times, airport check-ins, etc.)
- Enable your customers to pay for your products and services directly by using your app
- Allow your users to share the content they love on their social networks.
At Sacramento Design Network we will design a mobile apps marketing strategy that works for your brand and for your audience. If you are an entertainment business, your mobile app could be promoted in mobile games and if you are a retailer, you could even use mobile targeted ads in social networks.
Marketing mobile will make use of the creative force in our team and of the entire potential that mobile devices and platforms have. Since mobile usage is skyrocketing (not only for calls and text messaging, but mostly for accessing the web through browsers or apps), your mobile apps marketing strategy should be well planned, well implemented, constantly monitored and optimized according to the users’ feedback. Sacramento Design Network has the capabilities of making that happen!
The technological opportunities of mobile applications marketing
Mobile applications marketing entails using the mobile ecosystem (apps and mobile websites) to provide your customers with time and/or location sensitive, personalized information about product or service offers. This will create an added benefit of your offer and will stimulate customers to turn to your company when purchasing the services and products they need.
There are a number of technical tools that allow you to approach your customers in a multitude of versions:
- Push notifications – each time you have an important offer, the app will display a message on the main display. This method should be used with moderation in mobile internet marketing, because it may cause interruptions in the user’s activity and be perceived as aggressive. Used with care, this can be incredibly useful.
- In-game mobile marketing – in the varied and interactive mobile games market, you can use display advertising techniques, adapted for the mobile environment, to promote your brand; contextualizing its promotion can greatly aid your marketing efforts.
- Mobile web marketing – is usually done through mobile advertising networks, such as Google or Yahoo. This type of mobile applications marketing can include search marketing (mobile text ads) or display advertising (banners, animated banners, video ads) or combine them for best results.
- QR codes – Quick Response codes are a great way to bridge the gap between online and offline promotions; the users scan a code in a physical or online format to access a landing page specifically designed for a certain offer. This element of the mobile marketing strategy can be coupled with other internet marketing tactics and deliver great results.
- Bluetooth – is mostly used in certain locations, where you can place a content-management system with a Bluetooth distribution function, which pushes content to the mobile device of users that are in its proximity.
- NFC – Near field communication (NFC) is a set of standards implemented in smartphones and similar devices that are capable of establishing radio communication with each other by touching two devices together or bringing them into close proximity (a couple of centimeters away). This advanced mobile internet marketing technology can be used to perform contactless transactions, data exchange, payment and simplify the setup of more complex communications (e.g. Wi-Fi).
- Location based systems – LBS are offered by certain telecom providers to online marketers who want to create offers for their customers which are location-sensitive (e.g. if you have your mobile app on and you walk by one of the brand’s stores, you can get a discount or alerts for new products and offers). It can make marketing mobile apps a very engaging exercise and an opportunity to be really creative with brand activations
- Mobile games – you can even create a mobile game that is brand specific and that has special incentives for your customers and potential customers.