What is image optimization for SEO
Image SEO optimization is one of the organic tools we use to get the images your business creates and disseminates ranked on all the search engines. Visual content spreads very fast in today’s online landscape, and it’s important for your images to have all the right technical implementation so that they bring real benefits to your brand and company (we will discuss about these benefits in the section below).
SEO image optimization is the procedure we employ to make the engagement objects on your website (photos, in this case) to be search-engine friendly. This means that we will load your image with all the right elements to make it pop up in the right searches:
- we will use the keywords from your SEO process in the filename
- we will create a descriptive alt text, also known as the alt attribute
- we will use the right anchor texts when placing the image in a context
- we will optimize the image to use the right file size
- we will insert the source in the EXIF data (“exchangeable image file format”) to keep the source no matter where the photo is shared
- we will make sure that the content of the image is relevant for the context and situation we want to illustrate
- we will do this image optimization for SEO so that it does not appear artificial to search engines
- we will focus on the user and we will deliver to him a visually pleasing experience so that he will want to stick around to find out more.
Image optimization benefits
There are many benefits that derive from great image SEO optimization. Here are some of the benefits that maybe you’ve never thought you could get from using image optimization:
- attract more traffic to your website through image search on major search engines
- get your photos and images shared on social networks
- raise brand awareness
- create an online meme
- increase engagement on your website
- use photography and custom designed images to explain complex concepts
- keep the image source with the right alt attribute inserted
- improve your local search engine optimization efforts (in Google Places)
- donate an image to Wikipedia and get more traffic and awareness from there.
Image optimization includes both technical and copywriting aspects and cannot work without a coherent and effective SEO strategy, because all the elements must be coordinated for best results. That is why, at Sacramento Design Network, our SEO specialists handle all the image SEO optimization work and make the most out of your brand’s visual assets.
Image optimization for SEO addresses the short attention span of Internet users and all the platforms that you may use for promoting your brand and company: website, social networks, mobile. We also do SEO image optimization to increase sharing, subscribing and virality on your website and all the other channels you use. We want to make your website a resource and a source for inspiration and great visual content.